Edwards & Co Surveyors Limited (trading as “Edwards Property Consultants”) ("we", “our” and “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We only collect information where it is necessary for us to do so and if it is relevant to our dealings with you. We will only use your personal information in a way that is fair to you.
1. Who we are and how to contact us
We are Edwards & Co Surveyors Limited (trading as Edwards Property Consultants) (a company registered in England and Wales, company number 07618080). You can contact us in writing at Edwards Property Consultants, 26 King Street, Manchester, M2 6AY or by email at [email protected]. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, with registration number: ZA348610.
Any request you make to change your communication preferences will be processed by us within two working days of our receipt of your instruction; however, you may still receive non-essential communications in the intervening time between the submission of your request and when we process your request.
- "Property Information" means the information that we hold on those properties listed on our website;
- "Services" refers to the property services, information and advice we offer including Office Agency, Investment, Valuation, Building Consultancy, Lease Consultancy, Retail Agency and Development Consultancy;
- "you" refers to an individual who visits, and/or registers with, our website and/or a customer who makes an enquiry (either via our website, via the telephone or in person at Edwards Property Consultants) for the Services; and;
- "personal data" or "personal information" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
3. Lawfulness of our Processing
It’s lawful for us to process personal information about you:
- where we process personal information about you which relates to your use of our website, we ask for your consent to this in the box that pops up when you first visit our website.
- where you make an enquiry for our services or properties, we process personal information about you as necessary in order to provide the requested property information or services. We cannot provide the requested property information or services without access to this personal information.
- we may also use some personal information about you to contact you from time to time about services or properties which may be of interest to you. We ask for your consent to this at the time that you make an enquiry via our contact page.
4. What personal information do we collect and where do we collect it from?
We may collect the following personal information from:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website, via telephone or in person at Edwards Property Consultants. It includes information you provide when you register to use our website, make an enquiry either via our website, via telephone or in person at a Edwards Property Consultants, and/or when you report a problem with our website and/or services. This may include your: name, company name, email address, mobile telephone number and billing address.
- Information we collect about you from your use of the services. We may collect information about your preferences and usage of the services, including details of your property requirement.
Information we collect about you from your use of our website. With regard to each of your visits to our website, we may collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit to the website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
5. Why do we collect your personal information?
ESSENTIAL USES: Where you make an enquiry for our services, we need the personal information we collect in order to provide the services. We could give lots of examples, but typical examples include:
- to provide you with information about the services or properties that you have enquired about. This might include contacting you to discuss the services you require, to provide you with property information or to book a property viewing;
- to respond to any queries or complaints that you raise with us;
- to provide customer support;
- to enforce the terms and lis relating to the services; and
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We process all this personal information pursuant to our contract with you to provide the Services to you. If we cannot process the personal information, we cannot provide you with the Services.
NON-ESSENTIAL USES: We may also use personal information about you for non-essential parts of the Services. For example, we may use it to to send you other promotional or marketing information about us or the Services, promotions, events, or anything else we feel may interest you.
This usage of your information is on an opt-in basis. We will only use your information for such purposes if you have consented to it. If you have previously opted in, you can choose to opt out at any time by contacting us.
6. Information we collect that is not personal information
Information that is not personal information is not protected by data protection law. But we would like to be open and clear with you about what we do with this information anyway.
We may anonymise data about users of our website and/or our Services generally and use it for various purposes, including ascertaining the general location of our users/customers and usage of data on the Services. Anonymised data is incapable of being used to identify anyone personally.
We may aggregate customer information so that it is impossible from the aggregated set of data to identify anyone personally. This sort of aggregated data is valuable to us for the purposes of analysing and understanding market trends in relation to the recommendation and purchasing of the Services. You confirm that you consent to us viewing, monitoring, collecting and recording such information arising in relation to the Service and to our dealing with it on an aggregated basis in a manner that does not identify you or attribute any particular information to you and to us collating, compiling, reformatting, reproducing, adapting, translating, arranging, publishing, selling, distributing, dealing with or otherwise commercially exploiting any part of such information or otherwise making it available to any third party on such terms as we deem appropriate. We do stress that it is not, of course, personal data.
7. Who do we share information with?
Non-personal information: We may commercially exploit any such information on the basis that no individuals are identified or identifiable. For example we may supply anonymised data to third parties such as marketing companies.
8. Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
9. Your rights
You have the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- A right to request from us access to your personal data;
- A right to request rectification of your personal data;
- A right to request erasure of your personal data;
- A right to ask us to restrict processing of your personal data and a right to object to our processing of your personal data (but if you do either of these, we may not be able to provide you with the Services);
- A right to ask us for a copy of any personal data that we hold in respect of you; and
- A right to lodge a complaint about how we treat your personal data with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
10. How long we keep personal information
We will only keep personal information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
Where you make a booking for the Services, (unless you ask us not to) we will keep your personal information after we have provided you with the relevant Services so that we can send you a reminder about when your tyres are due to be renewed, which may be up to three (3) years after provision of the Services.
Where you make an enquiry or register on our website, but do not use the Services during the following 12 months, then we will delete your data after 12 months.
Where you have given us consent to use your personal information in any way, you have a right to withdraw that consent at any time.